With free and accurate estimates and written guarantees for all workmanship it’s no wonder that Housetop Roofing is Raleigh, North Carolina’s favorite home improvement and roofing company. We offer a full complement of top quality home improvement services with guaranteed craftsmanship that is second to none.
Asphalt shingles are the most common roofing material in the US. Not only are they durable and affordable, they also come in a number of styles and colors, making them perfect for any style of home. There are 3 main types of shingles, and here’s what you should know about each one:
- 3-tab shingles: Also called strip shingles, 3-tab shingles come in thin, flat strips. They are the most affordable of the 3 main types of asphalt shingles and have been around for years.
- Dimensional shingles: These are also known as architectural shingles, and are the most common type of asphalt shingles now-a-days. Dimensional shingles are heavier and more durable than 3-tab shingles, but also more costly. These shingles give your roof a textured, or dimensional, look (hence their name).
- Luxury shingles: As their name suggests, luxury shingles are the highest quality of the asphalt shingles and also the most expensive. These shingles add a textured, traditional look at any home.
If you’re interested in asphalt shingles for your roof, give us a call at Housetop Roofing in Raleigh, NC. We’d be happy to sit down with you and discuss your roofing options.
When it comes to roofing companies in Raleigh, NC, Housetop Roofing can’t be beat. We make sure that your roof is done right by hand nailing all of the shingles, only using in-house employees, and having a foreman on site. We don’t stop there with our quality work: We also offer a number of home improvement services, where we provide the same quality service.
With North Carolina in the midst of hurricane season, your roof is more at risk for a roof leak than ever. With regular maintenance by a professional roofing company, you can lessen your chances of having a leak, but even with the best of care, sometimes Mother Nature has a mind of her own. So, what are some signs that you have a roof leak?
- If you notice any water stains in your home (usually on your walls or ceiling), there’s a good chance that a roof leak is to blame.
- If any of your roof’s flashing is loose or missing, your roof is extremely vulnerable to a leak. Be sure to have this flashing fixed right away and have a professional check for any leaks.
- If your gutters are overflowing or sagging, the excess water could damage your roof and other parts of your home.
- Missing, loose, or broken shingles could also be a sign that you have a roof leak. So, be sure to call a roofing professional ASAP.
If you suspect that you have a roof leak and want to do more investigating, take a flashlight up to your attic and look for any gaps, cracks, or holes in your roof. Keep an eye out for any standing water, puddles, or leaks as well.
Whether you’re looking to repair a roof leak, or to perform routine maintenance in order to help prevent any leaks from happening, Housetop Roofing is here to help. So, give us a call today for all of your roofing needs in the Raleigh, NC area.