When it comes to roofing companies in Raleigh, NC, Housetop Roofing can’t be beat. We make sure that your roof is done right by hand nailing all of the shingles, only using in-house employees, and having a foreman on site. We don’t stop there with our quality work: We also offer a number of home improvement services, where we provide the same quality service.
While asphalt shingles are the most common type of roofing, metal roofing is becoming increasingly popular. Both of these types of roofing have their advantages and disadvantages, so we wanted to give you some key information about metal roofing to help you make an informed decision.
- Metal roofs are extremely durable with a lifespan of 40-70 years, while asphalt roofing typically lasts 15-20 years.
- Metal roofing is available in a number of materials and colors, making it customizable for your unique style and needs.
- Metal roofing is made to withstand the elements, including winds of up to 140 MPH.
- Metal roofing is both energy efficient and fire resistant.
- Lastly, who doesn’t love the sound of rain on a metal roof? Just imagine the peaceful sleep you’ll be getting on stormy nights.
- The main disadvantage that metal roofing has compared to asphalt shingles is the cost. Metal roofing comes with a higher upfront cost, but if you’re willing to foot the bill, your investment will more than pay off in the long run.
- Depending on the type of metal that you use, your metal roofing could be susceptible to denting if it’s hit by large yard debris or hailstones.
- Metal roofing is not ideal for beachfront properties since the salt water can corrode the metal over time.
Overall, metal roofing is a great choice for your new roof. If you’re interested in installing a metal roof, give us a call today at Housetop Roofing in Raleigh, NC for a free estimate.