When it comes to roofing companies in Raleigh, NC, Housetop Roofing can’t be beat. We make sure that your roof is done right by hand nailing all of the shingles, only using in-house employees, and having a foreman on site. We don’t stop there with our quality work: We also offer a number of home improvement services, where we provide the same quality service.
Your roof is one of the most important parts of your home since it protects you and your loved ones from the elements so that you can enjoy the comfort of your home. With that said, roofs really take a beating over the years. Between winds, snow, rain, and even more extreme weather, even the most quality roof will begin to show wear and tear over time.
Asphalt shingle roofs are the most common type of roof in the US, so we’ll be talking about these types of roofs for this article. So, here are some signs that you might need a new asphalt shingle roof:
- If you notice any missing, loose, or cracked shingles, you need roofing repairs in the very least. Depending on the age of your roof and the extent of the damage, you might need a new roof altogether.
- If you notice the granules from your shingles coming off, that’s another tell-tale sign that your roof is reaching the end of its life.
- If any parts of your roof are sagging, it’s definitely time for a new roof, and sooner rather the later. The longer you wait, the more you risk serious damage to the rest of your home.
- If you see any mold growing on your roof, there’s something going on that needs to be checked out.
- Lastly, if your home’s roof is more than 20 years old, it’s time for an upgrade. Even without any visible damage, roofs become less energy efficient and more susceptible to damage as they pass the 20 year mark.
Routine maintenance can help extend the life of your roof, but sometimes replacement is inevitable. Fortunately, we are here to help you both with repairs to your existing roof and installation of a new roof when it’s time. Just give us a call at Housetop Roofing in Raleigh, NC.