Housetop Roofing in Raleigh, NC is one of the Triangle’s premier roofing companies. Not only do we install and repair roofs, we also install and repair vinyl siding. Over time, vinyl siding is undoubtedly going to collect dirt, and sometimes even mold and mildew. Here are some tips for keeping your vinyl siding clean:
- For everyday cleaning, use a soft brush or cloth and a cleaning solution. Start from the bottom and work your way up, and be sure to rinse the siding with water when you are done.
- For staining that is tougher to remove, you can use a pressure washer. However, before you do, check your manufacturer’s instructions to make sure that pressure washing is okay for your brand of vinyl siding.
- If you notice mold and mildew on your vinyl siding, you can remove it with a solution of 70% water and 30% white vinegar.
- When using insecticides around the exterior of your home, avoid getting on your vinyl siding because it can cause discoloration.
For your roofing and vinyl siding needs in Raleigh, NC, contact us at Housetop Roofing. For more vinyl siding cleaning tips, visit Vinyl Siding Institute’s website.
Housetop Roofing in Raleigh, NC is one of the Triangle’s premier roofing companies. We offer a multitude of home services including roof installment and repair. We all know that North Carolina can get some unpredictable weather from hurricanes to snow storms. We are here to repair any weather damage done to your roof. Below are some tips to help you spot damage to your roof after a storm:
- One of the most obvious signs of wind damage to your roof is when you spot debris that has fallen onto your roof, especially if that debris is a fallen tree. However, strong winds can also cause less severe damage such as missing shingles. Wind usually tears up corner shingles first, so you should be able to easily spot if any are missing. Be sure to get these replaced as soon as possible to avoid any leaks in your home.
- Hail can also cause some nasty damage to your roof. After a hail storm, go outside to assess the damage done to trees and outdoor furniture. If you notice obvious signs of damage, you need to inspect your roof for damage from the storm as well.
- Before winter hits and snow comes with it, be sure to call us to repair any leaks or cracks in your roofing. Snow and ice can take a toll on your roof, and you want to make sure that you are prepared for those cold months.
For all of your roofing needs in Raleigh, NC, contact us at Housetop Roofing.
As one of Raleigh’s premier roofing companies, Housetop Roofing in Raleigh, NC provides clients with a wide selection of quality roofing to fit your individual needs. Metal roofing is a unique roofing choice that will make a statement for your home. Here are a few facts about metal roofing you should know:
- Although metal roofing is more expensive than the more common asphalt shingles, it lasts an average of 30-50 years, more than making up for the difference in cost. Metal roofing is also more durable than shingles, so it typically requires less maintenance and repairs.
- Metal roofing offers a durability that other roofing materials just can’t. It can stand up to extreme weather conditions and even fire.
- Metal roofing comes in a variety of colors and styles to fit your personal tastes.
- Metal roofing is considered the most eco-friendly of all the roofing materials. Not only is it typically made up of recycled materials, it can also be recycled in return.
- Metal roofing can reflect heat from your home, saving you money on your energy costs.
For more about the benefits of metal roofing, visit Metal Roofing Alliance’s website. For all of your residential roofing needs in Raleigh, NC, contact us at Housetop Roofing.
As one of Raleigh, NC’s premier roofing companies, Housetop Roofing can provide all of your residential roofing needs. As society becomes more conscientious about protecting the environment, solar panels are becoming more and more popular, and even more affordable than ever before. If you are considering installing solar panels on your home, here are some things you should know:
- The position of your home matters. Before you install solar panels, make sure that your home is in an ideal position for them. South-facing homes are the best for solar panels, while north-facing homes are typically not ideal for panels. Also, if your home is in a shaded area, solar panels are probably not the best choice for your home.
- The type of roof you have matters. There are several factors about your roof to consider before you install solar panels: the size, angle, and age of your roof are all key things to take into account. Solar panels typically last for about 25-30 years, so you want roofing that is fairly new and will last that long. Also, asphalt and metal roofing are ideal for solar panels.
- The state you live in matters. Where you live affects multiple things about solar paneling. For example, electricity rates vary by state; so, if you live in a state with higher electricity rates, solar panels are probably a good alternative for you. Another thing to consider is the amount of sunlight your state gets to ensure that you get the most out of your solar panels.
For any of your roofing needs in Raleigh, NC, contact us at Housetop Roofing. For more information on solar panels, visit The Washington Post’s article.
Housetop Roofing is a roofing company in Raleigh, NC that caters to all of your roofing needs. Whether you want to go with the traditional asphalt shingles or choose something more unique, like tile roofing, we are here for you. Here are a few things you should know about tile roofs:
- Tiles are about twice the price of asphalt shingles. However, tile shingles also have twice the lifetime expectancy.
- Before you pick tile, you need to ensure that your roof can handle the weightier tiles.
- Tiles are more adaptable to extreme weather than asphalt shingles, standing up to high winds and varying temperatures.
- Tiles are typically associated with Spanish-style homes, but tile roofing is available in a variety of colors and styles.
- One of the many benefits of tile roofing is that its color last much longer than other roofing materials.
Both asphalt shingles and tile roofing have their benefits as well as their setbacks. If you need help deciding which roofing material works best for your home, contact us at Housetop Roofing and we will be happy to give you our expert advice.