When it comes to roofing, Housetop Roofing, a roofing company in Raleigh, NC, wants to make sure that pick the roofing material that works best for your home and your style. Here is a basic overview of the different types of roofing materials:
- Asphalt shingles are the most common and affordable type of roofing material. They come in a variety of colors and sizes. Other varieties of asphalt shingles include fiberglass and organic shingles.
- Tile shingles are a more expensive alternative to the traditional and commonly used asphalt shingles. Although they come with a bigger price tag, they also come with a longer life expectancy: 80 years on average. They are most often used on Spanish and Mediterranean style houses.
- Wood shingles fall in the middle of the price range of roofing materials, making them less expensive than tile shingles, but more expensive than asphalt shingles. The advantages of wood shingles include a longer lasting durability than asphalt shingles and a more ecofriendly alternative to both asphalt and tile shingles.
- Metal roofing is another mid-price range item when it comes to roofing materials. Metal roofing is especially affordable when a low-galvanized metal is used.
- Slate shingles have a higher price range than most of the popularly used roofing material, but they also boast the longest durability– ranging between 80 and 100 years.
Housetop Roofing would love to install the right roofing material for your budget and your taste. For more information on roofing materials, please visit Home Advisor’s page.