Before you hire a roofing company in Raleigh, NC to check on your roof, it’s a great idea to perform a preliminary inspection. That way, you won’t be surprised when the roofer tells you what they found. With that in mind, here’s a quick guide to help you get started with roof inspections.
Ladder Safety 101
Before you get to inspecting, you need to get on a ladder. Here are some key safety tips to keep in mind before you step on the first rung.
- Check the ladder, rungs, and rails for damage.
- Make sure the ladder is on level ground.
- For set-up, extend the ladder at least 3 feet beyond the gutter, and angle it 1 foot back from the house for every 4 feet in eave height.
- Make sure it is secured at the top with a bungee cord or something similar to prevent it from falling.
- Remember to always use both hands when climbing the ladder.
Now that you know these tips, you’re ready to climb up and inspect your roof.
Roof Inspection Tips
When you get up there, make sure to check for the following
- Shingles that are buckling, curling or blistering– If you see any of these symptoms, this indicates the end of the shingles’ life expectancy.
- Any damage to chimneys, pipes and other penetrations- Your roof deals with a lot, so if you see any of this, it could be a matter of time until you have a roofing disaster
- Lots of shingle granules in your gutters– These granules give shingles added weight and protect them from ultraviolet rays, so if you see them in your gutters you could be in trouble
Ready For Your Professional Roof Inspection?
Once you’re done your inspection, you’re ready to call roofing companies in Raleigh, NC to get started. If you’re thinking of hiring roofers, don’t hesitate to talk to us at House Top Roofing. Housetop Roofing President Robert Williams has over 30 years of experience in roofing and home improvement services. Born and raised in Wake Forest, he’s also got a lifetime of old-fashioned North Carolina values under his tool belt. If you want your next home improvement or roofing project to be a quality custom job done by some neighborly folks who you can trust, call Housetop Roofing and Home Improvements. Let us show you why we’re the best, most trustworthy home improvement outfit in North Carolina. If you’re ready to get started, contact us today!