Are you looking for a roofing company in Raleigh, NC? Your home is your biggest investment and that means it is important to know who you are hiring. That being said, there are so many roofing contractors out there, and we realize sometimes you can become overwhelmed with which direction to take. With that in mind, here is our quick guide to choosing a contractor.
1. Do Your Research
The first step is to make sure the company is established. Verify the company’s name, owners name, and phone number. Then check each of those items with the Better Business Bureaus for any AKA’s (Also Known As). After you do all of that, check out their reviews online. If there are too many complaints, that might mean it’s not the right company for you.
2. Talk to the Contractors
Search engines and the company website can’t answer all of your questions. That’s why it’s necessary to go straight to the source. It’s a great idea to contact the roofing company in Raleigh, NC you’re looking at and ask a few key questions like:
- Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- Can you verify your Tax Identification number?
- Do you work from home or from an office? Can I reach a person at any time during normal workings hours?
- Do you have workers compensation and general liability coverage?
By asking all of these questions you can verify that they are a legitimate roofing company and if they are doing it safely.
3. Get an Estimate for Roofing Company in Raleigh, NC
Of course, you need to check out how much the roofing company will charge before you make the decision. Make sure to read the estimate carefully. If the bid is really low, that might be a warning sign. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Some of the most common reasons companies have low bids are:
- They might not be insured– This could cost you both personally and emotionally should an accident occur on your property.
- They’re Cutting Corners– For example, they could be cutting ours back by using airs guns. We find that it can give you a below average job.
- There are Hidden Charges– Finally, if the quote is low, there could be some charges you’re not aware of. At the completion of the job, there will hidden charges that you will be responsible for. In many cases, these charges will turn your lowest bid into your highest bid.
Your roof will be on your home for either 20, 25, 30 or more years. Will your contractor be around as long as your roof? If you have a workmanship leak in 8 years will that company take care of it at no charge? Will you be able to find the contractor? A roof is an investment. It’s important to invest in the best possible company for your needs.
Ready to Contact HouseTop Roofing?
If you’re thinking of getting home improvement from a roofing company in Raleigh, NC, don’t hesitate to talk to us at House Top Roofing. Housetop Roofing President Robert Williams has over 30 years of experience in roofing and home improvement services. Born and raised in Wake Forest, he’s also got a lifetime of old-fashioned North Carolina values under his tool belt. If you want your next home improvement or roofing project to be a quality custom job done by some neighborly folks who you can trust, call Housetop Roofing and Home Improvements. Let us show you why we’re the best, most trustworthy home improvement outfit in North Carolina. If you’re ready to get started, contact us today!