Housetop Roofing is a roofing company in Raleigh, NC that caters to all of your roofing needs. Whether you want to go with the traditional asphalt shingles or choose something more unique, like tile roofing, we are here for you. Here are a few things you should know about tile roofs:
- Tiles are about twice the price of asphalt shingles. However, tile shingles also have twice the lifetime expectancy.
- Before you pick tile, you need to ensure that your roof can handle the weightier tiles.
- Tiles are more adaptable to extreme weather than asphalt shingles, standing up to high winds and varying temperatures.
- Tiles are typically associated with Spanish-style homes, but tile roofing is available in a variety of colors and styles.
- One of the many benefits of tile roofing is that its color last much longer than other roofing materials.
Both asphalt shingles and tile roofing have their benefits as well as their setbacks. If you need help deciding which roofing material works best for your home, contact us at Housetop Roofing and we will be happy to give you our expert advice.
Housetop Roofing is a roofing company in Raleigh, NC, and we want to supply all of your roofing needs. Asphalt shingles are the most common type of roofing material, so here are some things we thought you should know about asphalt shingles:
- Asphalt shingles are the most common and affordable choice when it comes to roofing materials. They come in a variety of colors and styles, providing homeowners with a wide range of options.
- Asphalt shingles come in two types of materials: organic and fiberglass. Organic shingles are made of paper and waterproofed; fiberglass shingles are also waterproofed and offer more fire protection than organic shingles. Fiberglass are becoming the more popular option of the two.
- Asphalt shingles come in three styles: 3-tab, architectural, and premium. 3-tab shingles are the least expensive option of the three; they can last up to 25 years. If you are willing to pay a bit more, architectural shingles provide a textured look that adds character and can be made to look like wood or slate; these shingles can last up to 50 years. Lastly, premium shingles are the most luxurious of the three types of shingles, and they offer a more stylistic option for homeowners.
For all of your roofing needs in Raleigh, NC and the surrounding areas, contact us at Housetop Roofing.
At Housetop Roofing, a roofing company in Raleigh, NC, we strive to provide you with the roof of your dreams. A new roofing trend is rising called green roofs or living roofs. Here are a few details about this eco-friendly take on roofing:
- A green roof is a roof covered in vegetation, which is planted over a waterproofing membrane.
- Not only is this type of roof pleasing to the eye, it is helpful for the environment by creating food for wildlife, such as bees and butterflies.
- Another advantage of green roofs is that they absorb rainwater and reduce stormwater runoff.
- On average, green roofs help to conserve energy by reducing the cooling load of buildings by 50-90%.
- In urban cities where multiple green roofs are planted in a close proximity, this type of roofing actually works to lower the city’s temperature.
- Green roofs can also improve air quality by catching airborne pollutants and filtering gases.
If you would like to learn more about green roofs and all of their benefits, please visit Green Roof’s official website. For all of your roofing needs, contact us at Housetop Roofing in Raleigh, NC.
When it comes to roofing, Housetop Roofing in Raleigh, NC, knows there are a number of options available for the homeowner. In fact, homeowners have multiple colors of shingles to choose from as well as a plethora of roofing materials. When building a house or choosing a floor plan, the shape of the roof is also something to take into account. Below is a brief list of the different types of roof shapes. For a more detailed account visit: This Old Home’s website.
- Gable– the most common shape of roofing, this shape is like an inverted V with two sloping sides that connect at the top of the roof. Gable roofs also have other variations: false-front gables, L-shaped gables, and gambrels.
- Shed– this shape of roof is similar to gable roofs except that they slant in only one direction instead of two. You can think of them as a half-gables.
- Curved– this shape of roof isn’t very common in modern housing and was usually seen in periods where builders only had primitive tools which they used to curve branches to shape into a roof.
- Octagon– as its name implies, this shape of roof has eight sides. It is often used on round buildings.
- Hip– this shape of roof has four slants, one on each side of the house.
If you are considering a new roof, contact us at Housetop Roofing and we will help make this decision-making process smooth and simple.
When you are looking for a new roof, the climate in which you live is a key factor to consider. As a North Carolina roofing company, we at Housetop Roofing are familiar with the Raleigh climate and know what will work best for your home.
- Lighter-colored shingles are often a good choice for North Carolina homes, where the climate is warmer. Shingles this color reflect the heat instead of absorbing it and help to keep a house cooler.
- It’s also a good idea to check the fire code in your area. If you live in an area particularly prone to fires, wood shingles are probably not your best option, but if you choose them, be sure to pick shingles that have been treated and have a Class A fire rating. When it comes to fireproofing your home, asphalt shingles (especially fiberglass asphalt shingles) are a great choice.
- Metal roofing is also becoming a popular roofing choice for homeowners in North Carolina. Metal roofing helps to reflect the sunlight and keep your home cool on those sizzling NC summer days.
- Gable roofs are one of the most common types of roofs found on homes, and they are ideal for North Carolina, which experiences moderate precipitation throughout the year.
If you are looking for a new roof in the Raleigh, NC area, contact us at Housetop Roofing.
At Housetop Roofing in Raleigh, NC, we not only want to help you save money on your roofing needs, we want to help your new roof make you money as well. This time of year, the housing market is hot, and homeowners are wondering what sort of repairs they need to make before they put their house on the market. One of the questions to consider is: Should I get a new roof before I sell my home? Before answering this question, here are a few things to take into account:
- Is my roof damaged? If the answer is yes, then a new roof, or at least a roof repair, is necessary for several reasons. Not only does a damaged roof make your house less desirable to potential buyers, it can also make it more difficult for buyers to get a mortgage approved with the damage.
- What’s the real estate market like where I live? If you live in an area where the market is competitive, replacing or repairing your roof can make your house more attractive to potential buyers and give you a leg-up on the competition.
- Will insurance cover some of the cost? Check with your insurance company to see if rooftop damage is covered under your policy. A lot of times, if your roof has been damaged due to weather conditions, insurance will help pay, or even fully cover, the costs of the repair.
Whether you are selling your home or looking to buy a new home, contact us when you are considering roofing companies in Raleigh, NC.
When it comes to roofing, Housetop Roofing, a roofing company in Raleigh, NC, wants to make sure that pick the roofing material that works best for your home and your style. Here is a basic overview of the different types of roofing materials:
- Asphalt shingles are the most common and affordable type of roofing material. They come in a variety of colors and sizes. Other varieties of asphalt shingles include fiberglass and organic shingles.
- Tile shingles are a more expensive alternative to the traditional and commonly used asphalt shingles. Although they come with a bigger price tag, they also come with a longer life expectancy: 80 years on average. They are most often used on Spanish and Mediterranean style houses.
- Wood shingles fall in the middle of the price range of roofing materials, making them less expensive than tile shingles, but more expensive than asphalt shingles. The advantages of wood shingles include a longer lasting durability than asphalt shingles and a more ecofriendly alternative to both asphalt and tile shingles.
- Metal roofing is another mid-price range item when it comes to roofing materials. Metal roofing is especially affordable when a low-galvanized metal is used.
- Slate shingles have a higher price range than most of the popularly used roofing material, but they also boast the longest durability– ranging between 80 and 100 years.
Housetop Roofing would love to install the right roofing material for your budget and your taste. For more information on roofing materials, please visit Home Advisor’s page.
At House Top Roofing in Raleigh, NC, we want to make sure that the entire roofing process goes smoothly and that you are satisfied with the results. When you are choosing the color of the shingles for your roof, there are several things to take into consideration:
- Climate- You should take into account the climate in which you live when deciding on shingles. Lighter colored shingles reflect light and help to keep houses cooler, which is ideal for people living in warmer climates. In contrast, darker shingles absorb light and retain heat, which helps them to melt snow and ice and makes them perfect for homeowners living in cooler climates. For homeowners in Raleigh, NC, where the climate tends to be warmer, lighter colored shingles are usually the best option.
- Style- You should take the architectural style of your home into consideration when choosing roofing. For example, Spanish style homes typically look good with shingles that have red undertones reminiscent of the traditional clay tiles found on this style of home. Also, if you want to make a bold statement, choose a roof that contrasts with the main color of your house, or if you would like to coordinate, pick shingles that complement your other color selections.
- Location- If you live in a neighborhood with a homeowner’s association, check with them to see if they have any guidelines about roofing. It’s also a good idea to drive around your neighborhood or nearby homes to look at roofing and see what you like; seeing something in real life is much different than picking it out online or with a sample.
Thinking about roofing materials? Working in roofing companies in Raleigh, NC, we know not everyone is as comfortable with roofing materials as we are. When it comes to replacing or repairing a roof, it’s hard to know where to start or even what materials to think about. With that in mind, here’s our quick guide to roof materials.
As roofing companies in Raleigh, NC will tell you, asphalt shingles are not only very common but durable. Asphalt roofing can last 20+ years and are great for residential properties and garages or sheds.
Metal roofing, more common in hot climates, can last 50+ years, though it does often come with a larger price tag. Whether you go for copper, metal made to look like tile or slate, or standing seam roofing, it’s a great and durable choice.
Wood roofing, although it may require more upkeep, provides a great look for cottage and cabin style homes. It can last for 25+ years and can come in cedar shade, wood shingle, and steam bent shingle styles.
Although it comes with a steeper price tag, tile roofing can last for 50+ years and provides a great deal of fire and weather protection. Whether you choose Spanish barrel style tile or flat concrete/clay tiles, you can get protection and a great looking roof with tile.
With a price-point comparable to tile, Slate roofing can provide a sleek look and last 60+ years. Getting natural or synthetic slate is a great roofing choice when you want a historic quality and a roof that will last for decades to come.
Ready to Contact Roofing Companies in Raleigh, NC?
If you’re thinking of hiring roofers from a roofing company in Raleigh, NC, don’t hesitate to talk to us at House Top Roofing. Housetop Roofing President Robert Williams has over 30 years of experience in roofing and home improvement services. Born and raised in Wake Forest, he’s also got a lifetime of old-fashioned North Carolina values under his tool belt. If you want your next home improvement or roofing project to be a quality custom job done by some neighborly folks who you can trust, call Housetop Roofing and Home Improvements. Let us show you why we’re the best, most trustworthy home improvement outfit in North Carolina. If you’re ready to get started, contact us today!
Thinking about getting roof repair from roofing companies in Raleigh, NC? Although you may have many home improvements you want to complete, like a remodeled kitchen or a new patio, one less exciting task (but ultimately more important) is roof repair. Neglecting your roof can actually lead to high energy bills, extensive damage, and eventually the high cost of repairing it after a disaster. That’s why it’s important to be able to spot the signs you need to call a local roofing expert. With that in mind, here are 8 signs you should call a roofing company.
- Seeing Streaking stains on the shingles
- Finding Curled or buckled shingles
- Areas of the roof missing granules or rusted flashings
- Any Water stains in the attic or moss
- Patches of Mold and other growths on the roof
- Higher than average energy bills
- Lots of Moisture or mold in the attic
- Leaks after extreme weather.
Ready to Contact Roofing Companies in Raleigh, NC?
If you’re thinking of hiring roofers from a roofing company in Raleigh, NC, don’t hesitate to talk to us at House Top Roofing. With free and accurate estimates and written guarantees for all workmanship, it’s no wonder that Housetop Roofing is North Carolina’s favorite home improvement company. We offer a full complement of top quality home improvement services with guaranteed craftsmanship second to none.
Housetop Roofing President Robert Williams has over 30 years of experience in roofing and home improvement services. Born and raised in Wake Forest, he’s also got a lifetime of old-fashioned North Carolina values under his tool belt. If you want your next home improvement or roofing project to be a quality custom job done by some neighborly folks who you can trust, call Housetop Roofing and Home Improvements. Let us show you why we’re the best, most trustworthy home improvement outfit in North Carolina. If you’re ready to get started, contact us today!